After all of the Burger King and Orange Leaf froyo, it only made sense to come home and whack open a pinata! :)
Keturah had been asking for a pinata since her 3rd birthday. We saw one at Hobby Lobby and she said that she wanted it for her 4th. I thought she would forget about it... but no such luck. We could be reading a book about snails and she'd randomly remind me "I'm getting a pinata for my birthday, right Mommy?!" So, yeah. We were at Hobby Lobby (again) one day and the very pinata that started it all was marked down on clearance. (Probably because it sat on the shelf for a year!) How could I say no?
So we became the proud owners of a very faded, very large, cupcake pinata. Keturah was thrilled! :)
She then reminded me EVERY DAY that we needed to buy candy to fill it up.
A few Halloween candy sales later and 10lbs of candy filled the giant cupcake.
Well, ok, it didn't fill it. It didn't even begin to fill it. But the tag said that it had a 10lb limit. :)
If Keturah had her way it would have been stuffed to the top and we could have just pushed it off the roof to break it open.
Don't share that idea with Joseph.
With all of the prep going into the pinata, I thought maybe Keturah would be sad to break it open. I was SO wrong. She could not wait to beat on it!
And what is the best way to top off 10lbs of candy, Froyo, and BK? Cake!
Keturah sadly didn't like her cake. It was a Pumpkin Spice cake. She said it was too spicy. ?! I promised I wouldn't make it for her birthday next year. Somehow I don't think it was really that big of a deal. Her day was pretty great for a 4 year old. :) And honestly she didn't complain about not liking the cake. She just didn't eat it. No biggie. 2 days later Zion had a birthday and she had more cake.
After a day of sugar OVERLOAD we said goodbye to our visiting family. I can only hope that my nephews crashed from all of that sugar and weren't too much of a handful for the RV trip back home. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment