January 4, 2015

2014 at a glance

Even Joseph commented on how quickly this year has passed.  We had so much going on this year!


Our January was rather uneventful.  We all had the flu/stomach bug.  That's not fun to relive though.  So... January was mostly spent evaluating what projects were going to be done so we could put the house in the market.  I did find this picture that I sent to my mom for her January birthday.  Better than a picture of the flu.

In February we had a visit from Roger's parents, Nehemiah's 9th birthday, and we began the process of replacing the flooring throughout the main living areas of the house.







March was more house stuff... painting, flooring, and more painting. I painted a total of 13 doors.  Anything on the outside of the house that was not brick got painted.  Our master bathroom finally got a color other than primer white. (No pictures of me painting.  There are pictures of the finished house further down in this post though.)


April was more house projects.  We added a shower surround to the kids bath.  We also went on a week's vacation to Indiana... just to make sure we were as in love with it in person as we were online. :)  We met my mom and brother in Indiana as well.  They had to check it out too. :) 



May was more house projects.  We replaced the counters and sinks in the master and kids bathrooms.  We celebrated "May the fourth be with you" with Star Wars week in school.  We also started our new school year.  Surely there was more painting involved too.







June we finally stopped with the projects and got the house on the market!  We now had to keep the house show ready.















We spent the 4th of July with some friends. (edited to clarify* no one moved in July. :)  This is just an interesting little fact about us/our friends.)  They moved from PA to TX shortly after we did.  We moved to Indiana.  Shortly after, they moved back to PA.  :)  TX is nothing without us. Haha! :) Roger and I also celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in July.  Roger and Joseph went to a Tim Hawkin's concert.  Joseph couldn't stop smiling for days.




August was Roger's birthday.  It was also when we got not one but two offers on the house!

September... oh, September...   We were supposed to close in September and be in Indiana for the girls birthday.  Drama ensued and we spent Sept 19th in Dallas.  The girls had fun anyway.  Our closing date was pushed back to early October.

October brought more frustration.  We thought surely Keturah would have an Indiana birthday... but no.  Closing was pushed back again.  The month ended on a good-ish note though... we did finally make it to Indiana!  We brought some yucky car trouble with is, but we are in Indiana!





November we moved into a townhome.  Roger's entire family came to visit over Thanksgiving.  I had a birthday.  Roger found a job.

December flew by!  I had a ladies night out with some wonderful people from church.  Roger worked some crazy long hours for the company he worked for in TX in addition to his job here. (computer work, no traveling) :)   Joseph turned 12.  We had an amazing Christmas.



2014 was quite a year!  I'm excited to see what the Lord has for us in 2015. We are dreaming big. I do know this though: it will include snow.  :)

2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

I loved reading this recap! (Even though it made me a little tired - haha!) ;-) What a year you've had!

I'm continually impressed by the skill and willingness you and Roger have to tackle all kinds of home improvement projects - that's so great!

I'm happy he found a job in Indiana! What kind of a job is it (if you don't mind me asking)? :)

I hope 2015 brings all kinds of blessings to you and your family!

Job38 said...

Hi, Valerie! Wow, you really did have quite a year, girl!
I, too, am impressed at the home repair/project skills that you and Roger have.
I also have to add, because one of your pictures reminded me of it....that Shane just scored flooring for our living room at a big yard sale for $30. I'm very excited about it.
I hope you get rid of those mice real soon and enjoy your new place! :)
Love,
Katie