Maybe we can pull a trailer to house some more stuff.
Maybe we could just store stuff in various storage units throughout the US so we can travel.
There would certainly be less drama living as a large family in an RV than we have right now with the sale of our house.
For. Real.
Did you read the last update? Good, good. Ignore it.
Apparently the lender (mortgage broker? I'm not sure, I'm confused) was a
HE MADE IT UP.
Roger is out of work, our entire house is packed up in boxes, we are a month beyond our closing date and the lender lied.
I can't even...
So where does that leave us? Well... in TX. It leaves us in TX.
We are kind of backed into a corner now. We can walk away from this offer, losing the earnest money if we do. Doing that we would obviously need to put the house back on the market. Which, really just sucks for so many reasons but let me go ahead and just name a few:
- The house is no longer show ready.
- It's not "peak selling season" anymore
- Roger isn't working anymore... ok, maybe that doesn't have anything to do with the house going on the market but still, UGH
- The house isn't show ready! I know. I said it already. But come on! There was a reason why we rented a storage unit and cleaned every nook and cranny - it shows better. We got nothing but compliments from the showings we had. "I can't believe they have 5 kids! Beautiful house and CLEAN!" You want to know what they would say now? "Bedroom 3 is impossible to even walk into. House is cluttered. Closets are all eerily empty."
Ok, so that is one option. We didn't go with that one. Another option was to ask for additional earnest money so that, should you know, this thing fail on their 3rd attempt (or does it only count as a 2nd since the other 2nd was a lie) (the buyers had no idea it was a lie by the way. They are just as upset about this as we are), we could at least recoup some of our non existent money and come up with a plan D. This option was also a no-go because getting more moo-lah would put us back into early contract stages and they would have 21 days to back out... taking their money with them.
Are you tired of reading this yet? I don't blame you. Feel free to come back another day to look at cute pictures of my kids. One of those posts will be coming soon. Promise.
sigh
ANOTHER option (oh, so many options, yet one tiny corner to be standing in) was to keep moving forward. We would force the buyers to use a local lender (so that there is someone right there to holler at when/if things go awry). We would also put our house back on the market while we wait for this to come together.
Did you read my 4 points above or did you skip that part? Just checking.
We chose door #3 because it appears to be the lesser of the evils. Checking Realtor.com today shows that my house is now up for sale again. Only it's contingent. Which really, if I were buying a house, I would avoid a listing like that at all costs... so I'm not really sure why it's even listed like that... but we'll see if any brave souls decide they like the online pictures. I should have a camera set up to capture their reaction when they come in for a real life looksie. I imagine them doubled over like they were just sucker-punched.
Which reminds me, Joseph drew a picture on the top of his math work today. It was a stick figure punching another stick figure. Not sure who the puncher was, but the punchee was the lender. Perhaps there was a teachable moment to be had there. ::shrug:: Not today.
So if all goes according to plan, (Hahahaha!) we will close maaaaybe the very end of this month. Most likely the beginning of next. What do I think will happen though? I think they will be denied and we will need to start all.over.again. That's just my gut feeling though. Feel free to pray for the best.
2 comments:
Oh no. I am so, so sorry. What a mess! I pray for peace in all of your hearts, and I also pray for God's hand to work mightily (quickly, too, Lord?!) so that His beautiful plan for your family will be revealed.
Sending hugs to you tonight!
Hi, VAlerie! I'm sorry for the drama that you find yourself in.
I really like what you have done with your place. You are super talented at house make overs!
And the photos of your children are so very fun & cute.
Hugs to you, friend!
Love,
Katie
Post a Comment