September 24, 2012

Birthday's

On Wednesday the girls celebrated their birthday!  Hannah turned 6 and Adaiah turned 3! Oh my, how the time does fly. 

We celebrated a little different this year.  We went out to Dallas about 2 weekends ago.  There is a thrift store that we go to every year and are able to buy all of the kids clothing for the next year at amazing prices.  While we were there we took the girls out to eat and walked around a snazzy Dallas mall.  So that was part 1 of the girls birthday.  Part 2 was just celebrating here at home on their actual birthday with some cake and presents.  :) 

I'm getting ahead of myself though.  Where are the pictures?!  :)
 One of the reason's we went to the mall in Dallas was so that this little one could get her ear's pierced. 
She has been asking for MONTHS to get them pierced.  She was so excited when we told her she could get them done for her birthday.  We went to 2 stores at the mall... the first was expensive and I didn't really like their earring selection.  The 2nd was more reasonably priced... and they had cute little pink sparkly heart earrings.  Perfect for my pink, glitter loving, 3 year old!  (but WOW was it tough to drag her out of store #1.  She really wanted her ears pierced!)
I wish I would have thought to take pictures while we were at the mall.  She hopped into that piercing chair and sat so still while I filled out the paperwork and the lady got everything ready.  They put the little marker dot on her ears to make sure both sides were even, and Adaiah sat so still while I made the woman move one of the dots. :)  1..2..3... Adaiah never flinched when the piercing gun did it's thing!  Roger and I couldn't believe it!  She was just as good for the 2nd ear and we were out of there in no time.  She was smiling from ear to ear as she carried her little "I just got my ear's pierced" bag out of the mall.  It was beyond precious.  :)  She loves her earrings and will show them to anyone that pays her 2 seconds of attention. (although she does not sit still enough for me to get a good picture of them!)  :)




On Wednesday I also had a midwife appt,  so the girls decided they wanted to be fancy for our midwife outing.
 They woke up in the morning to find one present each on the mantel.  The other presents had to wait until Daddy was done with work in the evening. 
 Adaiah got a little butterfly wand. 
 Hannah got a similar wand and butterfly wings. 
One outfit change later, we have 2 sweet birthday girls ready to spend a day out on the town! :) 


We managed to squeeze in some lunch at Chic-Fil-A and some birthday shopping with some money they received from Grandma and Grandpa.

Finally it was time to pick up Daddy.. which meant it was soon time for cake and presents!  :)



 The girls each had their own cake tier.  Hannah is purple and Adaiah is pink (that is their color for everything... towels, cups, toothbrush...) (it's also their favorite color) Hannah wanted french vanilla cake with french vanilla icing.  Adaiah wanted strawberry cake with strawberry icing.  They were both yummy! :) 

 I just LOVE seeing them get so excited about what they were given!! Their smiles make me smile. :)




Sigh.

And with that my girls are another year older.  Hannah is excited and hopeful that this will be the year she loses her first tooth. Adaiah is just happy to have had a reason to dress up all fancy.  If you ask her, she already has a loose tooth, so that's old news.  :)  (for the record, she does not.  But the boys have been losing teeth left and right and she doesn't want to be left out)

3 and 6.  I can do this.  In December... when Joseph turns 10... I'll need some help.  :)

1 comment:

Job38 said...

Very precious girls! And adorable cakes! (As always.) Dare I post pictures of cakes that I make anymore seeing as you are probably one of my blog's few readers?
How fun that Adaiah got to get her ears pierced!
My oldest girls finally got their ears re-pierced and it was a very neat bonding experience for them.
So...are you wanting some help with your kids when the baby is on it's way? Remember...I know where you live. Or just give me a call when the baby is born so I can at least bring you a non taco or chili meal. :)
Love,
Katie