Well, pallets are what finally got my mattress off of the floor! :) When we moved into this house we got a "new" mattress. The plan was to build a frame for it... but life happened and the bed frame did not. My pregnant self was having a difficult time getting up in the morning because the mattress was so low to the floor. If you need a laugh, go ahead for the visual on that one. It wasn't pretty. :) Well, blessings abound, because Roger's new job came with access to an abundance of free pallets. I realize free pallets aren't exciting to most people... but I'm not most people. :) With 2 van loads of pallets and a little work in the garage, Roger was able to put together a bed frame for our bed. I no longer have to roll myself out of bed in the morning. It's wonderful!
I wish we would have painted both layers of pallets. Not sure what our thought process was there, if only to conserve the paint that we have so this project remained free. Having the bed done (no really, that's it. I'm not doing any more with it.) :) and things on the wall (I think we hung that stuff just a week before the bed was made) our bedroom is actually feeling like a nice place to be. Now to get that Lego storage out of the corner... and if only I showed you the room from the opposite side. Have I mentioned my husbands love of Lego's? Eh, what can a girl do? Have you seen his dimples when he smiles?!
Yeah, he can keep his Lego's. Maybe he can built a pallet shelf (or 9) to put them on.


1 comment:
they are cute dimples
Post a Comment