January 24, 2012

Larger than life

     Meet Noel.  She is a 4-6ish month old Great Pyrenees. 


Meet Jack.  He's a 1 1/2 year old Great Pyrenees.

He's probably still got some growing to do.
Talk about a big dog!
These dogs belong to a neighbor a few houses down... but they spend most of their time either wandering the neighborhood, or actually, just hanging out with us in the backyard.

They are the sweetest dogs I have ever met. 



We tried to bring them back to their home the other day.  But Jack wouldn't stay, he followed us.  The owners don't really care.  They only went looking for the dogs once - and that was the day they got them.  Since then (going on 4+ weeks?) the dogs have been out every. single. day.  I could say a lot more, but I'll keep it at that. 
My kids are in love with these dogs. Even Adaiah likes to pet the little one.  Jack is a little big for her, but she isn't scared to death of him like she was when they first came around.

Yesterday the dogs went missing.  Normally they are inseparable.  Jack is the Daddy and Noel is his pup. Early in the morning Jack was in our yard but Noel wasn't with him.  Jack didn't seem himself, he was on alert and seemed to be looking for Noel.

So we took a walk around the neighborhood to look for her.  Jack wouldn't follow us, which was unusual.  He tends to walk right along side of us when we go - even if I accidentally hit him with the stroller.


We didn't find her.  And Jack is nowhere to be found now too.  My kids are heartbroken.  We looked again later in the day.  They are outside dogs, so we could tell they weren't at home where they belong.
 It's crazy how you can miss something that wasn't even yours.
 But these "little" pups have nuzzled their way into our hearts.  They seem like family.  They spend that much time here.
 picture taken through the screen... it was cold out there!



Oh, how I hope they show up again!  We have coyotes in the field down the road.  :(  I hope they just found a new yard to nap in.



No comments: