September 26, 2010

Weekend recap

Rogers work schedule changed this week.  He now has Saturdays and Sundays off.  This is the first normal weekend he has had off in over a year.  He'll start M-F tomorrow.  So, with this new found Saturday freedom we decided that a yard sale was in order. 

I wish I would have slept in.

The yard sale was a flop.  We didn't even make enough to go out to the Jalapeno Tree. Not if the waiter wanted a tip anyway.  Pititful.  We did get rid of a lot of stuff... but not because we made any money off of it.  *sigh* I am counting my blessings though.  We emptied out 6 totes from the shed.  I sold 6 bags full of clothes for a dollar.  *shrug* better than nothing, right?

I was cleaning up some yard sale stuff from the front porch.  I scooped some things up and caught a piece of rock with my fingernail.  I was able to get a piece of it out but there is a small piece of rock still imbedded in my skin, under my nail.  The pain is ridiculous. 

Adaiah is afraid of my finger with a bandaid on it. 

Our van is dead.  We are a 1 car family.  We are driving a blessing from a friend... but it doesn't hold our whole family. 

*sigh*

I ran to the grocery store this evening.  (well, no.  I drove the blessing to the grocery store) When I came out I couldn't find my car.  Then I remembered I didn't have my car.  This wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was at the nice grocery store... the one where they bring your groceries to your car for you.  So I walked some store employee around the parking lot as I searched for our borrowed blessing car. 

 *rolling my eyes*

I found it.  And then couldn't figure out how to open the trunk.  I'm sure the poor kid loading the groceries (into the back seat!) thought I was a crazy old lady. 

Adaiah fell off the couch.  I was sitting on the couch.  I think I cried more than she did.  I felt SO bad.  She landed on a toy... on her head.  A bump the size of a half dollar appeared within seconds.  I had to hold her down to get ice on it (actually, a bag of frozen veggies) but after that she was fine.  She was just happy I wasn't holding her down anymore! The bump looks SO much  better already.  I am extremely thankful that she didn't split her head open when she fell.  

And thats kind of how this weekend went.  Something crummy would happen but there was always something there to rejoice over too.  Unfortunetly I think enough crummy things happened that I wasn't focused on rejoicing. 

I'm counting my blessings as I sit here tonight.  And praying that this is not the new normal that goes with Rogers new schedule. 

No comments: