I don't remember grocery shopping with my dad very often. If I was with him it was generally because my sister and I were begging him to buy us the cereal with the coolest toy. (which he would buy us, and my mother would get upset... but that's another story) ;) (also, if memory serves, booberries and Cap'n Crunch had good prizes) I'm sure when we were at the check out counter I wasn't paying attention to my dad loading groceries up onto the conveyor belt. It would make much more sense to assume that I was arguing with my sister about who would get to have the spoon that changed colors in milk.
So I'm not really sure how he passed on his OCD of how to load the groceries on the counter... but he did. I unload my shopping cart according to how I want things bagged. Frozens are together (according to whether or not it's a bag or a box), produce is together, and of course the first thing on the belt should really be the heaviest item(s) from the shopping cart.
I don't like help unloading my shopping cart. But cereal doesn't come with cool toys anymore. The kids aren't busy arguing like my sister and I were. It really can just mess up the whole process if the kids start to help toss things onto the counter. Although, I think the kids do better work than some of the cashiers/baggers.
Who puts a pound of meat in with a can of beans?! Really, there is no reason for such a thing!
Thanks Dad. (Dad, that was sarcasm.)
sigh
On the bright side Dad, a very sincere thank you for passing on your love for gadgets. (My kitchen drawers might not thank you, but I do.) Have you seen THIS kitchen gadget?!
1 comment:
An Entenmann's Donut maker?!...For real??!! THIS could be the first step towards world peace and posterity! I mean...really, how could a person not get excited over this? It's better than a breadmaker or pasta machine or espresso machine or egg poacher or a Sham-Wow or a Flowbee or a....
Post a Comment