We've lived here for almost a year and a half now. I never felt more like a Texan than I did this week. Just look at that. There is a car parked in my front yard. I was beginning to think we were the only people in the neghborhood that used our driveway as a driveway. Now we can say "oh, remember that one time....?" And, a wicked bonus, we had an RV parked at the bottom of the driveway.
I need cowboy boots.
The reason for the extra van and RV?
Friends from PA came to visit! And yes, we were crazy enough to take all 8 kids out to eat. I think the waiters fought over who would take our table. (and not in a good way) :)
We have had family visit over the past year and a half but this is the first time we have seen friends. Ya know, there is just something about an old friend that warms the heart. We spent so much time with this couple (only they weren't a couple back then) in young adult group. Wow, that was an eternity ago! Anyway, we were just so greatful for their visit. It was much needed.
When we went out to eat we all piled in the RV. I'm pretty sure my kids would be exstatic if we sold the minivan and bought an RV instead.
the kids all played so nice
our space may be small but that didn't stop the older 6 from having a good time. (Their 4 kids are all roughly the same age as our kids)
We had an amazing visit. Thanks you for taking the time to come see us. We are so blessed to call you friends.
Now... who wants to come down next?
No comments:
Post a Comment