August 26, 2010

Choosing Your Battles

If there is 1 thing I've learned in parenting it is when to choose your battles.  Playing with the stove? Battle that I win.  (note: as far as I know none of my children have actually tried to play with the stove.  It was just the first thing that popped in my head)  Getting dressed?  Yeah, just please get dressed.  No streaking. 

Which leads me to this...

Let's look at this, shall we?  Thats a shirt 2 sizes too big.  It's a pj shirt.

That's a denim skirt. It's too small. 
and cowboy (girl) boots. 

Wow.


The boots really just pull the whole outfit together, don'tcha think? 

I love her.  And the clothing battle is one battle that I am not willing to fight.  I will however pack that too small skirt away.  :)

...Now, off to play hopscoth with a little girl in cowboy boots.

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Absolutely. It's essential that we learn to pick our battles. Sometimes, though, it's hard to know which ones to fight...

~Luke