Well, although there is still time left in the day I'm going to go ahead and say that it doesn't look like I'll be having a due date baby. While that thought is slightly depressing, I don't mind terribly that I'm going to be overdue. There are worse things in life. What I do mind is the lack of care from the Dr's around here. Living in an area where there are literally Dr's (of some sort) on every corner you would think that receiving medical care was as simple as a phone call. That is the farthest thing from the truth. I realize I made the decision to leave the Dr I started out with down here. That was by choice. I don't feel like I'm missing out by not having them "care" for me though. I left for a reason and I am ok with that. What I'm not ok with is that no one else will take me on as a patient. For whatever reason my records aren't being transferred to where I want them to go (I assume that by this point my records are lost and non existant). Without records no one will see me. Doesn't matter that the records don't say anything. The Dr's here didn't run any tests. Without the records I'm some kind of insurance liability I guess and I'm just refused care. The hospital made it a point to tell me that they can't legally turn me away if I come in labor.... but I should see a Dr. I can't help but feel like a knocked up teenager who can't take care of herself. That is certainly what I am being treated like.
So today I am just stressed. Tired. Pregnant. and stressed. I want to be seen as a grown woman who is capable of making a sound decision. I want to wear a sign that says "denied medical care" so when people ask me "who's your Dr" I don't have to feel like an idiot when I say that I don't have one. Hopefully baby girl will kick it into high gear and come soon. We are so ready to meet her. We are so ready to move on from the stress of not knowing what is going to happen.
Praying for soon. Please pray with us.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update; I was wondering how things are going for you.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with the stress of that whole doctor mess. Ugh. Were you able to find a pediatrician that you feel comfortable with?
I'll be praying for you while I go vacuum and clean up my kitchen. :)
Hi Valerie;
Wow, that does sound hard. Have you gone into the old doctors office and demanded them to give you your records? I think a face to face talk with the office manager is a good idea...will your husband go with you?
If they lost it they need to fess up. They are yours by right...so long as your bill is paid (they may try to keep them, to get you to pay).
Praying for you. May God give you wisdom and courage!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Post a Comment