September 5, 2009

Hannah's 3rd Birthday Party

The night before Hannah's party I decided she needed a haircut. (The boys each got one too)


Here is the Before:

After:

I think it looks really cute. It's pretty even (I think) and her curly hair hides anything that would be otherwise considered off. :)

So, with everyone sporting a fresh hairstyle, we were ready for her party.



Happy Birthday to you....
Candy scramble. It was supposed to be a dragon pinata. We started to make one but never got it finished. It looked.... like a green blob. We went with a candy scramble instead. I think the kids were just as happy.
The original plan was to have an outside party, complete with big appliance boxes for the kids to build forts with. Couldn't get our hands on boxes and decided it was hot anyway. The boys wanted to go play some baseball though, so the kids and Dads wound up outside anyway. I totally stayed in the AC and sent Roger out with the camera. :)
(do you see how dead our grass is?!)


Eating some nutritious hot dogs and chips.
My beautiful Birthday girl and her castle in a tree cake.

another shot of the cake. This one was such a pain to make. I had much higher hopes for how it would turn out. Hannah loved it though so all is well, but I am not wanting to make another b-day cake for awhile now. (which, luckily there are no more b-days until mine in November)


I'll leave you with one last picture of the b-day girl. She is sitting in one of her presents. Goofball. She took her babydoll out so she could sit in it.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

That cake looks AWESOME! You need to give a how-to on here! Thanks for all the info on the slings! Sometimes I over-think...I've been looking at carseats for how many months now??!

Unknown said...

No birthdays until November? I hope not! We need a baby!

jmo said...

hellooo?? i totally would have called to wish her an (EARLY) happy birthday. let aunt jen know next time.. :)

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! That cake was stinkin awesome Val! I bet Hannah was in awe over it! You are such a wonderful mommy. I know noone else but you my dear that would make such an extravigant b-day cake while they were 9 months pregnant!!! Good job:)

Valerie said...

:) Thanks Sylvia. I think I am crazy for making that cake as I waddled around. It was fun, but a crazy one to make. Pretty sure I know 1 other person who would do such a thing for their kids *ahem* (you!) :)

Michael, yes I know the baby! But, she's not getting a big cake. She might get a basic something, but no castles for her. :)

Davene said...

Wow. Like the other commenters, I am in awe of that cake. That you're 9 months pregnant and still able/willing to do that is just...well...icing on the cake. :)

Your new 3 year-old is adorable!