September 20, 2016

Birthday Girls!

This year was a big year!  Hannah turned 10!  Double digits!!  She was so excited she couldn't sleep.  She slept better on Christmas Eve than she did on the eve of her birthday!

The girls had helped make some decorations.  And we went out and bought a few as well.  I decorated after they went to bed so that it would be a surprise when they woke up.  They loved it!  So did Zion.  :)  Joseph saw that Zion was awake so he got her out of bed (my bed.  I was pretending I didn't hear her chatting away... I like sleep.  Joseph is an early bird.) and walked her around to see all of the decorations.  She oohed and ahhed at them.  She's going to love her birthday! :)

The birthday girls were hoping to go to a park to open presents but there was a heavy dew so that just wasn't the best idea.  We went out and bought some donuts (which are gross compared to Shady Maple donuts.  Indiana really needs to up their donut game.) and came home for a donut breakfast and presents.  



Hannah doesn't like sweets for breakfast.  It upsets her belly. (She gets that from me... only I eat it anyway.) So she chose a muffin.  Problem... she chose a red velvet muffin with chocolate something or other on top.  She ate maybe 2 bites.  I just tried some of it a few minutes ago.  It's not a muffin.  It's a cupcake without iciing.  Blech.  She was too excited to eat anyway.  She had her eye on presents!

 We got her a Wilton Course Book to practice cake decorating.  :)  She loves cake decorating as much as I do.
 We got Adaiah a bead set.  Cause the 32,000 two-bead necklaces we have lying around the house are not enough.
I LOVE this picture.  Hannah asked for... some under things. :)  Roger and I talked about when to give it to her and decided that it isn't a big deal to gift it in front of the boys.  It's just an article of clothing.  The boys help with laundry... it all gets seen anyway.  Her face was just too cute.  And can we just pause for a minute that my little girl is old enough to wear such things.

Oh... and a put a heart sticker over Nehemiah's mouth in editing because the boy was chewing with his mouth open.  No one wants to see that.  Your welcome.

 A bouncy ball thing? You sit on it and it has a handle?  I don't know what it is called but Adaiah wanted one.  She's pretty happy about it. :)
 More cake practice stuff.  Jo-Ann Fabric was texting me 60% off coupons like crazy.  So I shopped.
Fancy beads and glasses.  Adaiah was a little bummed that her eyes are good.  She was hoping she needed glasses too.  Silly girl.  I found a pair of glasses at Claire's.  They are pink and sparkly and everything she ever wanted in a pair of fake glasses.

 After opening presents we headed out to Indy for lunch.  The girls wanted to go to Red Robin.  So we did.  We also hit up the mall.  When faced with how to spend their birthday money from the Grandparents they couldn't quite decide what to buy.  Funny, because when it is my money they can find something in every store we walk past.  Their money?  Nothing looks quite good enough.

We came back home and they had a scavenger hunt for a final gift each.  Grandma got them each a large something from Our Generation. (Like American Girl... but Target.) (LOVE Our Generation stuff by the way)  No pictures of that because I was on the phone with Grandma.  Their were some major squeals of delight when they saw their gifts though.

The girls requested birthday Whoopie Pies instead of cake.  So I made that and we finished off the night with some Whoopie Pies and relaxing in front of the tv while the girls played with their various new things.

They had a great day.  Adaiah woke up today and said she looks a little different... a little more...7.

Ah, sweet girl.  Yes you do.  Slow down.  

No comments: