July 6, 2015

An update of sorts

Oh, once a month blogging... If y'all only knew how many posts I wrote in my head that NEVER make it to the keyboard!

Anyhew...  an update.

To start, I am over half way through my pregnancy.  27 weeks I believe.  I lost track recently, but I believe that's accurate.  :)  I had an ultrasound about four weeks ago.  I got to see some 4D shots of the baby which was amazing.  I've never had that done before.  Baby wasn't letting us see his/her face though.  Hands AND feet were covering baby's face.  I caught a few quick glimpses of adorable 4D baby face but baby was keeping the face hidden.  On the other hand, had we been hoping to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl, being folded in half was the perfect position to find out!  I told the tech that we didn't want to know as soon as I sat down so that I wouldn't give in to temptation.  She was very sweet and avoided those revealing parts as best as she could with baby being folded in half! :)  She said the baby looked good though and everything is fine.  They wanted to change my due date from Oct 4th to sometime later in October.  I'll find out at my next appointment if they did officially change it or not.  I made a stink about it, but who knows if they will listen to me.  When they tried to change my dates with Adaiah I was so bothered by it.  This time, though I think it's stupid, I really don't care.  It just increases my odds of not having to be induced... and the Dr's here are crazy induction happy.



We are VERY close to closing on a new house!  (well, new to us.  It's so NOT new.  In fact, it is stuck in 1976. Orange carpet and all.)  It's a town over from where we are now but only a 20 minute commute for church and work.  Not bad.  It will take some getting used to as we are 5 minutes from everything right now... but we get to be in the country at the new place.  Sadly no real acreage.  It's only .5 an acre.  I was hoping for closer to 2.  To get that much property we would have had to move about 35-40 minutes away.  There are a few here in our town... but they next to never hit the market.  Bummer.  I AM excited about our new place though.  We've already met several of the neighbors and got the scoop on everyone living in the development.  :)  This will be our first house with a garage!  Our old house had a 2 car attached carport.  This one has a 2 car attached garage.  You know you are an adult when things like garages make you happy.



Our new school year started in June. So far so good.  Joseph is in 7th this year!  I spent a good portion of one afternoon trying to understand what Closure Property of Addition is so I could explain it to him.  I'm going with a DVD curriculum next year.  :)

Our library has a summer reading program that the kids already completed and claimed their prizes for.  Hannah is quite the bookworm.  Nehemiah has to be forced to read, but once he starts he'll read until he finishes the book. He shut himself in his room the other day for nearly 2 hours so he could quietly devour a book.  :)  Joseph enjoys reading but does so in the early morning hours mostly.  The noise of the day is generally too much of a distraction for him.  Adaiah's reading is really coming along and we found a collection of phonics readers at the library that she is working on.  They are more exciting than BOB books but not as difficult as some of the other readers marked level 1. Keturah loves Elephant and Piggie books and has some of them memorized.  A Big Guy Took My Ball is currently her favorite.  :)

Roger is working at Lowe's.  He has been for about 2 months now.  He just got a promotion of sorts - he went from being a "load puller" to "driver".  Basically he got his CDL, and now instead of just being a ride-a-long to help deliver appliances, flooring, drywall.... he can also drive the truck. It's not his dream job, but with the new house being stuck in 1976, an employee discount is going to be nice.  We'll see where the Lord leads us over the next few months regarding his job.


We'll end with a few pictures.

Our new house

playing in the rain :)

A fun summer storm...without thunder or lightening 
Joseph likes to take things apart.  Is there a 12 year old boy out there who doesn't?

It was not cold.  She was just playing... which made me hot so the coats are now packed away. :) She's cute though!


1 comment:

jmo said...

That house looks AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see how you update it past the 70's! :D The kids look adorable, as always. SO glad to hear they love to read. We loved Elephant and Piggie books too... they are super cute. Kegan FINALLY found a book I don't have to force him to read... get this... The Ramona Quimby series! LOL. He's actually willingly working through them. I love it.

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!