May 15, 2015

Field Day

Our homeschool group had field day last Friday.

The girls were the only ones that wound up participating.  Nehemiah just didn't want to (and I have memories of hatred from my school field days, so I allowed him to have that option), and Joseph had been fighting a fever that just didn't want to leave him alone.  He has no other symptoms and it just comes and goes at various times over a week... we are suspecting some strange allergy stuff, but we aren't sure.  Anyway, because of that he didn't do more than watch... but next year he hopes to join in on the fun.

The easiest way to show you all of the pictures is with a collage.  I know the pictures aren't as big... but it's this or wait another 3 months until I edit it all... collage it is. :)
Top row: Adaiah doing a bean bag on the head race.
Middle row: Hannah (in pink shirt) doing a 3-legged race)
Bottom row: Adaiah doing a 50 yard dash, Adaiah at the finish line, Hannah at the finish line.  Apparently I missed the picture of her actual race. :) (Adaiah was in the K-2 group and Hannah was in the 3-6 group)
1. Hannah chatting with a friend.  I don't know why, but I really like this picture of her. :)
2 and 3. Hannah and Adaiah doing a water bucket game.  They had to fill a bucket as a team using a sponge.
4 and 5.  Adaiah in the 3-legged race.  She was paired with the littlest girl there. I think she was 3.  They fell their first step into the race.  :)

They had a lot of fun.  Even though they didn't place individually, and in fact often came in last, they didn't care.  They just had fun being there.  As a team, they won 2nd place... so that was fun that they were able to get a ribbon for that. :)  (Their team was an assortment of K-12... and they had some FAST runners on their team)



Monday was our last day of school.  The kids finished up some workbook stuff, cleaned up their shelves, and said good-bye to school for the next 3 weeks.  I need to head over to storage and find our homeschool totes, dig out the things I need for the new year, put back the things we finished with this year...

Field day was a nice way to wrap things up.  We are enjoying vacation.  The boys are filling their days with too much time playing video games.  As a matter of fact, they are getting bored with it.  Hannah is working on sewing a dress.  Adaiah is just happy to play with everyone.  She still has a few school things to finish up but we are taking this week off completely.  She'll finish the rest of her work next week.

Oh, and Joseph is better now.  No fever anymore.  :)

No comments: