My mother would like to point out that I haven't blogged in ages.
I know.
There just isn't much going on right now.
Winter. Cold. A little bit of snow. (I do have some sledding pictures to download) School. Laundry. Dishes. ... just life.
We've been battling some kind of sickness for a few weeks now. Sometimes there is a fever. Sometimes it's just a tired feeling and sniffles. Once there was some throwing up. It just keeps going around. The temp is supposed to reach 70 tomorrow so we are going to open up the windows and let in some fresh air (before it drops back down to the 40's on Tuesday!) Hopefully we will all be back to feeling good once Spring is here to stay.
Anyway, since I have no pictures to share I thought I'd share some of the things Keturah has been saying lately that make us laugh. She's been chatty for awhile but lately her vocabulary has exploded.
Just this evening I asked her to turn off the light. She didn't want to so I paused her movie. She let out a deep sigh, walked over to the light switch and said "whatever!" sassy pants.
Another one she's been saying is "I don't know what you are talking about". Example: me- "Keturah, can you please put this in the boys room?" Keturah- "ok but I don't know what you are talking about" (and then she does what I asked her to do) Makes me laugh.
Sometimes when she doesn't understand what you said to her she'll say "I don't want to talk about it".
A few days ago she grabbed her belly and said she was hungry. I asked her what she wanted to eat and she said "burger and fries". She has yet to actually even TRY a burger... so really she just wanted fries.
She is OBSESSED with Strawberry Shortcake right now. (she is going to be so upset when we cancel our Netflix subscription later this month!) She'll walk around the house, pretending to look for Strawberry's pets. She'll call out to them "Custard! Where are you? Oh! There you are!"
She likes to wear dresses. She calls them her "cute". She has one extra fancy dress that we only let her wear on church days. One Wednesday morning the kids were talking about what they were going to do at church that evening and Keturah's ears perked up "church? I put my cute on?!"
So that is life right now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment