Nehemiah is a hoot. He can throw one liners out there that leave us all in stitches. He has an amazingly active imagination and can (and does) spend his day pacing the floor, just dreaming about various things. I bought him a sketch book to write down some of the characters he has created. I'll have to scan some of them sometime. His imagination is just amazing.
We were watching some old home movies recently and I was reminded how little Nehemiah talked as a toddler. The words he did say were all just enthusiastic gibberish. It's funny because he still doesn't talk much... unless you get alone with him. Then you wonder if he will ever stop to breathe. He is full of ideas and questions and random tidbits of information... he just needs the other chatterbox children to shush long enough so he can get a word in. I probably need to be better at giving him that time... and if he could find a minute to talk to me about something other than Star Wars it might be easier for me to listen.
What is it with boys and Star Wars?! Try as I might, it doesn't make sense to me. The names are strange and confusing. There are some ugly creatures... and when I really force myself to focus on what he is saying (or what any of the kids are saying when they talk Star Wars to me), I get a headache. For real. I think I have the basics down though. They like to quiz me and laugh when I fail miserably. ::shrug:: I know Darth Vader is the bad guy. That's good, right?
Anyway... enough about that. Let me share with you two things that Nehemiah said recently that I laughed out loud about and had to write down.
1) I returned to the dining room (aka, our school room) after putting Keturah down for a nap.
Me to Nehemiah: "Did you finish your English?"
Nehemiah: "Yeah, but I drew a stick figure shrugging his shoulders on one of them because I didn't know the answer."
2) Joseph and I were talking about The Beatles. He read a book about them awhile back and he knows that I loved The Beatles as a teenager. He asked me if I knew that they were inspired by Elvis Presley. I said yes I had heard that before. Anyway, so the conversation turned towards Elvis. Nehemiah was walking through the room, and hearing the mention of Elvis' name he said "He looked cool. He had nice fashion. I mean literally."
Oh, that boy. I love him to pieces.

No comments:
Post a Comment