So, I've been blogging... just not POSTING what I write. I thought I had been updating on the whole selling our house thing, but as it turns out, I just have half a dozen drafts in my blogging folder. Nice. So... here, over the course of 3 days (and a few weeks between those days) is an update...
Over the weekend we had 2 offers on our house.
God is good.
We accepted an offer and now we just need to get the paperwork complete so we can move forward with it all. They want to close the first week of September.
The reality of it all is both exciting and simply unreal.
In a month we will be packed up with all of our belongings on a large yellow truck. We will be headed for a state that contains literally no one that we know (um, unless the front desk employees of the hotel we stayed at back in April count). We don't have a job lined up. We don't have a house to move into. We're just moving.
Reading over that I have to laugh. We must sound crazy.
Whoo, never hit publish on that one but instead of scrapping it I'll just pick up where I left off.
The above was written in early August. Since then, closing has been bumped back to mid September... and we are still waiting on an official date.
So yeah... the house is sold. Or, more accurately, under contract. It's a roller coaster ride, selling a house. Not in the "I'm going to be so sad to leave" kind of way but in the "when will the inspector show up?" "When will the appraisal take place?" "When will we know a closing date?" kind of way. There are so many details that are out of our hands... it's just stressful. Moving 1,000 miles is nothing compared to the nitty gritty of the actual selling process. BUT I am so very thankful that we have a contract on the house. We were on the market for less than 2 months. I no longer have to keep my house show ready. For THAT I am thankful.
So what happens now is, we wait. We wait for a closing date to be set. We wait for the appraiser to come. We wait for the roofer to come fix some things on our roof. And while we wait, we pack.
The kids have school next week yet and then we are done for awhile. We're already about 1/3 of the way through our school year, so taking some time off isn't going to be a big deal. Bonus of schooling year round. We're looking forward to the break... and of course to packing (well, as much as one can actually look forward to packing).
The details get fuzzy after that. We're still praying about where to live, where Roger will work, and how to make all of the unknown details come together. Honestly, those details don't worry us. That's where we know God will be stepping in.
I am such a slacker. I thought I had posted this days ago. Obviously not. Not much has changed though. The appraisal did take place, but we are still waiting to hear back and get an official closing date. Today the kids finished school. They worked hard all week, doubling up on school work so they could finish before Friday. We start packing like crazy over the weekend.
1 comment:
CONGRATS!!! WOOHOO! :D Can't wait to hear the updates as they come.
Post a Comment