May 11, 2014

Mother's Day getaway

Tonight after the kids were tucked into bed I snuck out of the house.  I felt like a teenager... except for the fact that I also had the 1 year old with me.  She's kind of a Mama's girl, she had a late nap, and if I left the house without her she would have screamed, giving away the fact that I was gone.  So she came. 

We quietly left the house through the carport door.  I turned the car on and cringed. Why does it have to be so loud?  Should I have pushed the car down the driveway?!  Haha!  Oh my.  Why all the sneakiness anyway?  Well, I wanted ice cream. :)

So Keturah and I drove to Orange Leaf.  In my sneakiness I never even thought to make sure the one year old was fit to be seen by the general public.  Her face was a mess.  There I am, late o' clock, with a 1 year old who should be in bed (she is still up as I type this) but is instead sporting her dirty little face with her Mama who is wearing her paint clothes (aka: jeans with a huge whole in the knee and 5 different colors of paint wiped all over.) in the middle of an ice cream store on a Sunday night. 

sigh (sorry, that was one long sentence)

Thankfully we were the only 2 people there.  The man working there was kind and said Happy Mothers Day.  He didn't seem to mind my messy child who should have been in bed.  I don't think he was taking down my license plate # to turn me into CPS.  ;)

We ate our ice cream in the van.  I wanted no evidence of our sneaky little trip. 

Time will tell.  Keturah had about 2 TBSP of ice cream and some how multiplied it to make everything in her row of the van a sticky mess.  Even week old sticky Orange Leaf mess can be identified by children.  I have to clean it up before they find it. 

But not tonight.  It's dark out there. 

I can sneak out to get ice cream... but not to clean the van. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh...but it was worth it...wasn't it?

Valerie said...

Yes! :)