December 31, 2013

A recap of 2013

Can you feel the blogging pressure?  It's like if you don't write a re-cap post of 2013 blogger will delete your blog forever!  :)

I can't very well let that happen, now can I?

Having a baby in the house makes time go by in a different way.  We experienced a lot of fun things this year.  We had first teeth, first steps, first words, first holidays...   and the joy that the older kids all took in sharing those firsts.


We became debt free this year.  We had 2 kids baptized.  We took a 2,800 mile (round trip) road trip to PA.  We continued on with house projects, painting and building this and that.  We finally, after many years of attempts, have been consistent with having devotions with our children. We've continued on with our homeschooling, and we are enjoying it.  My cake business continues to pull in some orders.  We aren't ready to franchise ;) but I do get some orders here and there. 

It's been a good year, but you know what?  I'm really looking forward to 2014.  I feel like something is a comin'.  We've been praying for some things to happen and our hearts are hopeful that 2014 will see our prayers go from "wait.  Be patient" to "yes, now is the time"

Plus, there is always hope that 2014 will bring a full nights sleep, right?  I mean, Keturah is nearly 15 months as I type this.  Surely it is time for a solid 6 hours, I'm not picky.  :)  (Note: Nehemiah is the only child o' mine that slept through the night before the age of 2)

Tonight we will celebrate the New Year with little fanfare.  Not because I'm a party pooper, but because  I am simply unprepared.  All of my fun Pinterest ideas were found a few days too late, requiring a trip to the store.  One car living doesn't always allow a quick trip to the store... so it will be a low key New Year... with some fun stuff thrown in tomorrow, when Roger is home from work to celebrate with us anyway.


I don't really do resolutions, because we all know they fail by mid January, but I did make a promise to Santa (coughMyMomcough) that I would blog more... so my goal (go ahead, hold me accountable!) is to blog once a week this year.  Oh, you daily bloggers, go ahead and laugh!  I just don't know how to make the time, but with all things, you make time for the things that are important to you.  So here's to hopin' that I can make that happen. 

.
Christmas Eve 2013

Happy 2014!  Dream big and have a blessed year!



2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

Debt-free? That's awesome!! Way to go!!! :)

I especially loved the part about your trip to PA. ;-)

Even more, I love your promise to blog more often. :)

Happy new year, friend!

Kimmie said...

Love your pictures of all you sweeties. Love the Christmas picture in the pjs...it has a vintage type of vibe to it. so cute!

Your newest baby is all smiles. How beautiful and blessed you are.

Happy New Year.

love to my friend!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted