Unfortunately our little birthday girl was feeling a little under the weather. She had a slight fever and was just not herself. We decided to skip the cake. She got presents and we'll do a special cake when she feels better. All 3 girls were/are sick, so it's probably for the best that we wait anyway.
We started the morning off with pumpkin french toast. Keturah didn't like it.
I did her hair in a cute birthday bow that I had originally made for Hannah a few years ago. :)
Adaiah chose Keturah's outfit. Pink shirt, skirt, and jeans under it all. :)
Hannah reminded me that we had some birthday hats leftover from HER 1st birthday, so I dug those out.
A certain 10 year old had some fun with that. :)
My sweet 1 year old! I love her to pieces! :)
After Roger got home from work and we ate dinner, we got to the presents.
She didn't need much instruction. She knew what to do.
She was slow and delicate with the paper, but she tore it open.
:)
Bless her. You can tell she isn't feeling well.
The ball was the highlight of her day.
Since we didn't have a birthday cake, but I felt it wasn't really a birthday if you didn't have a candle in something (and we had chili for dinner, which is kind of hard to stick a candle in), we had ice cream. Keturah had a few small bites. I'm not quite ready to give her a bowl of ice cream yet. :)
The evening ended with a birthday bath. Pink water and bubbles. A bath fit for a princess. :)
We'll see how the girls feel this weekend. Keturah was going to have a banana cake for her birthday, and the gnats are starting to multiply around the bananas, so I might just bake the cake regardless how the girls are feeling. I mean, I guess we could just eat the bananas, but they are at the perfect "baking" stage of ripeness. Anyway, that is really here nor there. Point is, we still have some celebrating to do. :)
Happy Birthday my sweet Keturah Jubilee!














2 comments:
Such sweetness!! I hope all the girls are feeling completely better very soon!
That ball is GREAT! Where did you get that? I'm sure Moriah would love that. We had a squishy ball from the dollar store that she really enjoyed, but then it got too squished and is now no longer a ball. A bright pink pancake is more like it. Not as much fun as a squishy ball. ;-)
Happy Birthday Keturah!! :) Love, Aunt Jen and the crazy crew in York!
Post a Comment