The weather has been lovely lately... not even what East Texans consider lovely, (below 100) but truly enjoyable. So we decided to take advantage of the nice weather... and pressure wash everything in sight. We borrowed a pressure washer from our friend and started with the back porch. No picture, because I'm a spazz, but trust me it looks a million times better. Next up was the carport. We took everything out so we could hose down the walls and floor. While it was emptied out I decided now was as good a time as any to paint. So, the kids and I painted the carport and front of the house while Roger mowed the yard. The clean floors and fresh paint make a HUGE difference. I wish we had a shed so all of our stuff didn't have to go back into the carport... but oh well. Maybe someday. At least thats what we tell the neighbors. :)
Above: Before
Below: After (or more like during) The ceiling and the trim still needs to be painted.
Above: Before
Below: After (during) :) The trim will be painted white, but we are using leftover paint from our old house... and white is not a color we have leftover. So the trim is temporarily green so I didn't have to see that brown anymore. The posts will be white as well. Oh, and the little part you see at the top of the picture... that will be green as well. This pregnant lady could only handle so much of standing on a chair to paint. :)
It is a work in progress - but I am excited to see progress! Our yard is all dirt. The grass is non-existent. A brown house with a brown yard was depressing. I love the change and I can't wait for it to be done. :)




1 comment:
looks shiny and bright. Good work. I love those pretty lattice work windows.
enjoy your new place! ;)
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted
Post a Comment