July 14, 2012

3rd Trimester!

Ok, well depending on what baby book you look at I may or may not be in my third trimester, but let's just pretend they all agree, okay?  :)

I'm 27 weeks along now.  I honestly feel like this pregnancy is going by quickly.  It's weird, I've certainly never felt that before! 

I thought I'd give a pregnancy update a little different this time.  I found this on another blog and thought I'd play too. :)  

Pregnancy Highlights:
 
How Far Along:27 weeks (Third Trimester!!)

Size of baby:Almost 2 pounds (babycenter says like a head of cauliflower?!) and 14 1/2" long

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Zero,  I lost 5 pounds earlier in pregnancy, and I have now gained that back... so depending on how you look at it 0 or 5. :) 

Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity shorts/pants but I can still wear my regular tops.  They are shorter now, but I can still wear them.  I have limited maternity clothes, so I work with what I've got. 

Gender: We don't know.  It's going to be a surprise! :)

Movement: I feel the baby move daily.  He/She isn't as active as some of the other kiddos were though.  This one does however wake me up in the middle of the night with it's kicking.  I don't remember that with any of the others.  Baby also gets the hiccups... All. The. Time.  I have to admit, it gets kind of annoying.  I love feeling the baby kick and move, but hiccups are this rhythmic, repetitive, thump... get's old.  Joseph used to get the hiccups a lot too.  It lasted until he was about 2 weeks old.  I wonder what causes that? 

Sleep:Other than waking up to baby kicking (which I really don't mind), I'm sleeping fine.  I had to start using a fan when I sleep because I was HOT by morning... but the fan solved that problem and I am sleeping well once again. 

What I miss: Being able to bend over to pick something up without getting lightheaded. 

Cravings:My cravings seem to be the strongest in the 1st trimester.  Other than wanting some chocolate here and there, or a specific fruit... nothing really.  My cravings aren't as intense later in pregnancy as they are in the beginning.  I can ignore a craving now, where as a 1st trimester craving could bring me to tears if I couldn't get (fill in the blank).

Symptoms: My hips get sore if I sit too long, especially on the floor.  Or if I sleep on one side too long... I'll waddle when I get up until everything loosens up again.  
 
Best Moment this week: Babywise? Not a whole lot.  Next week is my next midwife appt.  I'm looking forward to that. My midwife is great.  I really like everyone there.  They have been amazing.  My kids enjoy going too. 

And there you have it.   If I continue to update as often as I have been... you'll get the next update when baby arrives.  Haha! :) 

And much to the dismay of my Sister-In-Law, no baby bump pictures.  Maybe sometime before this pregnancy is over... but I don't have any right now, nor do I feel like taking one.  Sorry.  Feel free to come visit me in TX if you want to see my baby belly.    Love you Amanda! :)

1 comment:

Davene Grace said...

Thanks for the update; I loved reading it!! :)

So it's going to be a surprise whether this is a boy or a girl? How fun!!!