December 23, 2011

Joseph's 9th Birthday

I can not believe my little boy is 9. I mean, really.  Nine?! Wasn't it just yesterday that I was bringing my newborn baby home...to our first little apartment. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was rocking him to sleep and pushing him around in a stroller?  Oh sweet mercy.  Time is moving too fast.  No matter how hard I try to stop it, he's 9. (although he humors me and agrees that his birthday isn't official until his actual time of birth) :)
This year Joseph requested a lego man cake. (those things in his hands are helping to hold their shape while the fondant dried overnight)
I called him out to look at it when I was done.  He said "that isn't what I was thinking at all!" I was worried at first, but then he said "That is so much cooler!" Whew! That was close. :)
Singing Happy Birthday.  We decided that a little # candle won't cut it anymore.  Blowing out 1 candle is just too easy. :)  
Ignore the stupid glare on the aluminum foil.  It wasn't until I took the first cake out of the oven that I realized I forgot to buy a cake board.  I don't like using foil but it was all I had.
Happy Birthday Joseph! You are growing up to be such a sweet kid.  Well, you know, you were always a sweet kid, but I dare not say "young man" You are only 9.  (9! Don't blink Valerie, don't blink)
We had friends over and Joseph wanted to hold their baby. My kids have baby fever too. 
Even my baby held the baby. Cuteness overload!
I had to fight Hannah so that I could hold the baby. :)  She loved holding him.
On Joseph's actual birthday he wasn't feeling so well. 
He was still excited and able to open his present from us though. *This is how 9 year old boy's look when they are excited.
Because we did the cake thing with friends the day before, I re-lit the candle for lunch. (yes, he is still in his pj's at lunch. He wasn't feeling well AND it was his birthday. Totally a pj day)

Overall he had a nice birthday. He was really bummed that he was sick.  He was sick last year on his birthday too.  If I remember correctly it was a lot worse last year.  24 hours and he was better this time. To help with his birthday blues he spent his birthday money from his Grandparents.  He bought himself a Phineas and Ferb video game for the Wii.  And because he was sick and because it was his birthday I let him play it as much as he wanted.  I won't even tell you how long the boy played that game... it's sickening as a parent to think about the brain rot that occured. :)  He had fun though.  It made him smile...and forget about being sick. 

So with Joseph's birthday over, the countdown for Christmas was kicked into high gear.  The excitement in our house is over the top. And every day the kids are asking me if I wrapped the presents yet. :)  Ha! Um, no kids.  Sorry.  It's tradition that I procrastinate and wrap on Christmas Eve. :) 





No comments: