June 8, 2011

It. Is. Finished.

Ok, so those words were MUCH more powerful when Jesus spoke them, but for anyone that has ever lived to tell about a home remodel... powerful words.

Our house went on the market a little over a week ago.  May is a blur.  I have a lot of Lowe's receipts to help me figure out what all happened.  I'm a wee bit scared to actually look at them.  Yes, I just said wee bit.  There really aren't any other words to describe it. :)

I know I've done some before/after pictures in the past.  If you saw that post then some of the pictures here won't look too different. Others... I sure hope you will say "wow!' :)
Ok, let's get started, shall we?  (We shall)


This is what the kitchen looked like the day we moved in.  That area rug is hiding a few things.  I'm not even going to start listing what those few things are.  I'll work myself into a tizzy.
This is the kitchen now. 
Ahhhh.  I love my kitchen.
The dining room/homeschool room. :)
Dining room & kitchen
The living room the day we moved in. (and part of the dining room)


The living room now.

Master Bedroom when we moved in.
Master Bedroom now.
That closet used to be a little 2ft wide closet.  We didn't change the size of the closet, just the door(s). 



Hallway now.  I couldn't find a before. 
Kids Bedroom... about 2 days after moving in. Roger had to repair a good portion of the floor. (after removing the carpet)
Kids room now.
They still have a little closet door, but it is more centered in their closet.  It's still easy to get to everything inside.
Can't find my laundry room before's.  Picture dirt.  Lots of dirt. 
another view.
I can't find my bathroom before.  It's probably for the best.  This closet was non-existent.  There was just a big gaping dirty hole where a closet should be. 
There wasn't a sink in here either.  The potty is new.  The medicine cabinet is new.  And if I could have figured out how to get that tub to fit out of the doorway, we would have replaced the tub too.... but I couldn't figure it out, so it's the same steel tub in need of a paint job.

*sigh*  THIS is what we saw when we pulled up to this house 2 years ago.  My heart sank.  This was not the home we left a few years earlier.
Enter my mom and a 5 gallon bucket of paint. 
and my husband on a ladder. :)
:)  No words.. just smiles. 
We had to do some serious digging around the foundation.  The dirt was so built up... way too much for a pier and beam house to handle.  So the rocks are for function just as much as they are for pretty.  :)
Home sweet home. :)

Well, the dog is in this picture so it wasn't move-in day... but it was early on.  Notice the black bag covering the huge hole at the bathroom window.

Backyard now. 
backyard now.
Backyard now.  No hole.  No bag. (Thanks Luke!) Smaller dirt ring around the tree. :)  




This house was built by Lowe's has definitely seen our blood, sweat, and tears.  I can not believe how much work went into this house over the past 2 years.  I can not believe we are done. 

3 comments:

sara said...

WOW! You have definitely poured your sweat into this and the after pictures are AMAZING!! What a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful job!

Davene Grace said...

Wow! What a difference!!!

So, what are your plans for after the house sells?

Enjoy your sense of accomplishment; you all totally deserve it! :)

Job38 said...

Wow,you all worked so hard. Great job! Will it be hard to leave it all behind when you do move? I think it would be a little hard for me.
It makes me want to post before and after pictures of my kitchen, but I still need to deocorate the walls and put up curtains....for now it's just been painted which makes it look differnt, but not anything close to "wow".