May 14, 2016

Barbie House

Keturah LOVES Barbie dolls.  I mean, the girl is hooked.  Hannah and Adaiah play with them too, but Keturah is who pushed the boys over the edge. They grumble about stepping on Barbie shoes (those things hurt!).  They pop Ken's head off and laugh.  (I need to defend them on this one.  Ken's head is broken.  It pops off easily.  The girls will do it sometimes too.) And they really voice their opinion if Keturah mentions her desire for ANOTHER Barbie doll.

For Christmas she wanted a Barbie house.  Dude.  Have you seen the price of a Barbie house these days?  It's as if you were buying a "little place" in Malibu.  $$$   (bored? go check out real estate in Malibu.  Realtor.com  CRAZY)

So a few weeks ago I was at a local consignment shop getting a few things for Zion.  Low and behold there was a Barbie house with furniture and dolls! I called Roger to ask his opinion.  Having looked at our options at Christmas time, I knew this was a good deal.  The furniture alone was going for more on ebay than the asking price for the whole thing.

To Keturah's delight, Daddy said yes.  The 15 minute drive home was filled with squeals of joy.  She couldn't wait to play!

Our house is 72 kinds of chaos and crazy right now with a remodel in full swing.  New flooring, old carpet, new walls going up, old walls coming down... There isn't exactly ROOM for a Barbie house right now.  We have a garage (I laugh even typing that.)  We have one, yes.  It is not even fit to park a little Barbie car in at the moment.  It is currently being used as a workshop... and ya know, other garage-y stuff that doesn't involve housing cars. We don't have a basement.  So...
the girls played with the new house on the front porch!
 They set up all of the little furniture.
 They got out all of their previously owned Barbie things.
 And they played.  For HOURS.  
If that day had been the only day that they touched the Barbie house it would have been money well spent.  But it wasn't.  Keturah plays with it daily.  She loves to set up the furniture.  Her dolls talk to each other.  Yesterday Barbie apparently peed on the potty and earned a lolipop.  :)

I don't know that it is a toy of quality that we will hold on to for our Grandparent years,  (I know, that is far off... but we totally think of things like that.  Tell me I'm not alone.) but I am treasuring the joy it has brought my girls now.

No comments: