November 11, 2015

One Month

 I can't believe a month has already gone by since Zion was born.  I'm still in awe over my birth experience.

 I'm so in love with this little bundle.

At 1 month she weighs in at 9lbs 6oz.  That's up 1lb 5oz from her birth weight.  I'd say her feeding sessions (that often come every hour and a half) are working nicely to round her out. :)

We've been adjusting to our life as a family of 8.  Honestly, other than adjusting to how long it takes to get out the door with a newborn, it hasn't been too bad.  The kids adore their baby sister.  When we wake up in the morning (Zion and I almost always wake up last) all of the kids are so excited to see her.  They make such a fuss over her and get her to show off her little smile.  (You have to work for a smile from her come evening, but in the morning she is all smiles.  It's adorable.)  After awhile they pay attention to me enough to ask "what's for breakfast?"... and then it's back to the cute baby.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

She is a happy baby and so content compared to Keturah as a baby.  I don't know if I'd say Zion is my easiest baby, but after Keturah, Zion is a breeze.

We normally get pictures done of the kids at around 10 days old.  We were all ready to go out and get that done... when we realized that there aren't any photo studios in our town!  Walmart? nope.  Mall? gone.  We would have had to drive all the way to Indianapolis to get her pictures taken.  Poor 6th baby.  Didn't happen.

What DID happen was that a friend of mine (Shana) has a friend who is a professional photographer.  She lives in TX but was up for a visit.  So a day before Zion's 1 month birthday, we got some amazing pictures taken.  Bonus?  No trip to Indy.  In fact, she came to my house!  So her newborn pictures were taken a little later than hoped for but they turned out so much better than a Sears Studio photoshoot.
professional shot, captured by a friend of a friend :)


Shana is the same friend that I've mentioned in the past.  She had her baby 2 weeks before me. (but was due 3 days after me.)

also captured by photographer friend of a friend :)

The cuteness in the room for this picture was too much.  That is Zion on the left and her bff Brinley on the right.  2 weeks and 30 minutes apart and destined to be friends forever.  :)

2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

It's so much fun to see some new pictures and hear how things are going. Zion is adorable, and that last picture of the 2 girls is so, so sweet. :)

Job38 said...

How awesome that you got your photos after all! They are very nice.