This winter our homeschool co-op held a Talent Night.
Their were a few kids who sang, one or two who danced, and a slew of 'em that played the piano, guitar, violin, or even the harp.
Hannah was in awe watching some of those kids play the piano. Girl wants piano lessons something terrible. I had been teaching her some things at home... but I've come to realize that just because I'm capable of reading music and knowing what the matching keys are on the piano, does not mean I am capable of teaching her how to play. I know, earth shattering revelation, right? The budget (sadly) only goes so far though. Maybe someday.
Anyway, Talent Night.
After the singing, dancing, and music, everyone headed downstairs. My kids (and a few others, not nearly as many as the singing/instrument playing group) had entered a few things into the art section of talent night. All 4 older kids entered something, although the boys both realized that their art projects weren't exactly their best work. They slapped something together. It showed. So, no pictures of theirs. (I took pictures but won't be sharing them here.) (also, please note that we didn't shame their work, it was their observation and conviction that they didn't do their best.)
Hannah embroidered the word "beautiful" on a canvas and stitched buttons on.
Adaiah made a canvas painting and added some cutout scrapbook paper "flowers". I helped apply hot glue, but she cut out and pressed the flowers onto the glue.
No awards were given, it was just meant to be a fun night. We enjoyed watching all of the varying levels of piano talent, from the little ones just starting out and struggling to get out "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to some amazingly beautiful pieces that were so moving you couldn't believe so much emotion was felt by listening to someone play the piano.
The harp was beautiful too. I mean, who plays the harp anymore?!
There was one young man at the end of the night that played the guitar and sang like he was a rock star. I mean, boy had TALENT. Joseph wanted to dust off our guitar. I did too.
We are looking forward to next year. The boys are planning bigger and better art projects. So are the girls. And Hannah is hoping that next year she will be able to pound out something on the piano.


No comments:
Post a Comment