have gone by so quickly! Getting into our townhome was chaotic but we are here. I underestimated the amount of time I would have once we got here. Knowing Roger was home I thought I could find some free time to blog a little bit...
insert laugh track here
We had a house to unpack, libraries to visit (because hello, we have 2 awesome libraries here and we can now get books for FREE), and school to re-start.
We still have some of our things in storage. Not all of our stuff will fit in this house. So it was a juggling act the first week trying to figure out what needed to stay and what needed to go. We needed two things out of this box and nothing out of that one...
We also found out, just days after moving in, that Roger's family wanted to come down for Thanksgiving! Talk about motivation to get the house unpacked and everything put into place! (Hi family. It was a good motivation! We are excited to have you!!)
So we've been busy little bees trying to get everything in order.
Oh, and because I just can't get enough of boxes, I started Christmas shopping too. One day we had UPS, FedEx, and USPS all deliver packages. :)
Right now we have just 3 more boxes to go through. The entire first floor is in order. The kids bedrooms are in order. Our bedroom is mostly in order but it does hold those 3 boxes. It also has a closet full of Christmas presents and other items that we didn't want in storage but don't have room to put anywhere else. Like my cake pans. I have a lot of cake pans.
Anyway...
we are here. We are doing well. Roger is still looking for a job. Some days we worry about it but most days we are just fine with waiting on God's timing for it all. Today is my birthday. We celebrated with donuts for breakfast.... and a day of cleaning. Roger's family arrives tomorrow morning!
A post with pictures will be found here eventually. Just don't hold your breath. Sorry mom. I can text now though! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment