For Fathers Day the kids made Roger a cake. Cause really, in our house everything is celebrated with cake. :)

They measured and poured... but I'm a little anal about my lovely Kitchen Aid, so I controlled the switches. :)

They each had their own cake layer to decorate. They chose what color they wanted to decorate with, what tip they wanted to use, and most importantly, what they wanted to "draw". Nehemiah wanted blue (which I was kinda surprised by. Green is his color. Blue is Josephs. ANYTHING that is green he just assumes is his.) He wanted to make "ghost-es" on his cake. They have been playing to much Super Mario Brothers on the Wii.

Hannah of course wanted pink. So what if it was a Fathers Day cake! I think she was making ponies.

Joseph also chose blue. He put some thought into his design. He drew a lego man, a picture of Roger and Joseph together, some birds... I'm not sure what else. He also completed his cake by piping a border around the bottom. I told him that if he keeps up the good work when he's older he can work for me (ya know, in the bakery that I don't have) He said that would be fun, then paused "wait, who would be the boss?" me:"I would" him:"eh, nevermind" hahahaha. goober.

Josephs cake

Nehemiahs cake (aka: The Brain)

Hannahs cake
It was a bit of an icing overload but they had fun... and they were determined to use ALL of the icing in the piping bag. :)
note to self: don't fill bags so full next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment