November 6, 2009

What A Week!

Rogers parents and sister and nephew were here this past week. They drove down in an RV,


which with an 8 week old sure beats driving down in a car. I wouldn't want to do it. Even in an RV. But I'm glad they did! :)





It's crazy that we have lived here for almost 8 months, and all of our visitors have been within the last 5 weeks. I realize it's because of Adaiah's birth, but it feels like we have had a revolving door.





I LOVED having everyone here, and I honestly wish everyone would have been able to stay longer... but it will be nice to be just us for awhile again too. :)

Rogers family made the drive down here right when we went into daylight savings time. So they gained 2 hours because they were coming from PA. To say that didn't mess with them would be a lie! They are early to bed early to rise type people anyway... but w/ the change they were going to bed (or at least wanting to!) at 7 or 8 o'clock. (9 or 10 body clock time) We go to bed around midnight, give or take an hour. ha! We woke up that first morning to find Rogers Dad finishing up work digging and placing edging around a new flower bed out front. (he didn't dig the flower bed, just did a lot of the digging for the edging) We were up at 7 (ugh, thank you sun for shining SO brightly in my window). Do you want to know what time they were up? I shudder just thinking about it! They were up since 4!! Oh how disgusting it that?! Thats about how the whole week went too. We continued to wake up at 7, them at the butt crack of dawn. (which I used to think was 7... but this week proved me wrong) :) While they waited for us to come alive Luke would project outside and Amanda, Alta and baby Matthew would chill out in the RV - possibly sleep a little longer, have coffee, chat... I was sleeping. As every person should be at that hour. But hey, my yard is looking GREAT. So thank you Luke for waking up early and finding things to do in my yard. It's never looked better!

(pictures of that will be coming soon. I keep forgetting to take an after picture)


Here are some pictures from our week.



Like Father like Son. Apparently it was a busy day of play. Luke and Roger took a nap with the babies while Nehemiah cuddled up and resisted sleep. :)
The kids played hard this week. :)
This might have something to do with it. Grandma & Grandpa & Uncle Jon bought them a swingset!
The swingset did play second fiddle to the RV though. Joseph kicked Luke out one night so he could sleep in it. I believe his words were "Grandpa our couch is comfy if you wanted to sleep on it" :) Since his night in the RV Joseph has asked roughly 2865 times if we can buy an RV.
Cousins. Adaiah 7 weeks. Matthew 9 weeks.

I have so many more pictures I want to post but for some reason I am just busy these days. Something about homeschooling, a baby, keeping house.... :)

No comments: